The Cheap Alternative to Subscribing to Slashdot
Follow these five easy steps and never see another Slashdot ad again:
- Go into your Homepage Preferences [slashdot.org].
- Scroll down to the “User Space” textarea, and paste the following four lines of HTML in there:
- Scroll down the list of slashboxes, and make sure the “User Space” checkbox (inexplicably located between “MP3.com” and “Myther.com”) is checked.
- Return to the front page [slashdot.org], and your Slashbox should be there, quietly zapping all iframes and banner-shaped images on the page.
- There is no step 5!! It’s that easy.
I have not tried it yet so your milage may vary. Feel free to post your experience with the hack.